Re: Burning CD-Rs with Debian?

Jose L Gomez Dans wrote:

>         I had a look at YACS, but this seems to be a Linux only application
> (not that I condemn it!!) if I'm not too mistaken. So my question really is:
> is there a *simple* way to burn the potato CDs from a Win9x machine? Or does
> it make more sense to just burn slink, install that and then upgrade?

Hi Jose,

I think that would depend on your connection speed and whether you
can find a potato image. I haven't looked too hard, but I don't know
if there is a iso image for potato.

I have a cable modem connection, so I just installed slink from a CD
and upgraded to potato with apt.

As far as burning under Windows, I use Adaptec's Easy CD Creator,
and that has worked well for me. I haven't turned out a coaster in a
long time. I tried another recording software (the name escapes me),
but it was sold over the Internet. Oh, it was called CDRWin. I
couldn't figure the thing out, and probably shelled out $40+ in CD-R
blanks. Your mileage may vary.
--
                                      __   _
Mark Wagnon       (  Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __