Re: How to install pine on slink from source

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 08:52:53AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote

> Daniel Mashao wrote:
> >
> > I once did it, but I forgot what I did. Searching the archives I could not
> > find pine installation messages. Anyone remember? I just can't get used to
> > mutt. It smells too much like vi and I find vi hard.
>
> I think mutt is okay with me.
> Problem is, how do you "justify" the lines? It's ^j in pine.
> mutt's default editor is not vi, right?

I don't know what editor Mutt uses as a built-in default, but you
can ask it to use whatever you like by adding a line like
set editor=/usr/bin/joe
or whatever to your .muttrc file.

Any editor that can take a filename on the command line and doesn't
do stupid fork-and-exit tricks should work.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au