Re: Netscape 4.71 Is Rock Solid & Fast! (solution... sort of)

Here's a solution to the netscape bus error problems:

 http://members.ping.at/theofilu/netscape.html

I had _all_ the problems several people on the debian-user
list mentioned last month. I'm trying to follow the latest
potato releases. Even got communicator 4.7 installed from
there - it's not in the packages list yet but the debs are
there. Still lots of netscape bus errors.

I installed the 'solution' from the above URL (with minor
modifications to the included script) and netscape became
much more stable.

Major point: it's not (only) a problem with glibc 2.0 or 2.1
but (also) with libXpm. I found another reference to libXpm
and the netscape bus errors on the SuSe website (with a search
on AltaVista [+netscape +"bus error"]).

HTH

Greetings

--
Peter

 K.U.Leuven - LUDIT             -=-=-=- Tel: +32 16 322219
 peter.arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be  -=-=-=- http://padec.cc.kuleuven.ac.be