Re: quota.group / quota.user

On 18/11/99 aphro wrote:

since the chroot stuff didnt work out, and the author of the tip never
replied to my request for help i can take the nodev option out, but would
like to keep the nosuid option.  BUT i can take it off too, its not a huge
deal.  just wanted to know if/why those files appeared to need to be suid.

I was tinkering with quotas on my own box (just for fun :) ) a while ago, my /home is mounted nosuid,nodev as well and quotas worked fine, the quota.user,quota.group are just data files they do not need to be suid (and are not)

i think you have a unrelated problem here.

i was using 2.2.12 (or maybe 11) but its a redhat system have not tried quotas on debian yet. (i really have no use for them other then for my own amusement)

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/