Re: Corel linux

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Sven Esbjerg wrote:

joker >Well all the GNU/Linux stuff will have to be GPL and it is. The rest is under
joker >a Mozilla-like license that Corel made up. It's pretty much free. I think
joker >Debian developers should take a look at it, notice the good parts and try to
joker >do similar (if there is any?).

yeah, corel has to GPL any programs they *modified* from existing GPL
programs, but they are not bound to GPL'n their file manager, package
manager, etc.  they purchased(I believe?) a commercial QT license from
trolltech which pretty much rules out any chance of that stuff(including
the install) ever becomming GPL (although it doesnt stop them from
releasing the source)

nate