Re: Re-Partioning

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 06:37:43PM -0600, Brian Neal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put my /var on it's own partion, but didn't realize it got used
> so much and made it too small. Several times it has almost filled
> up during apt-gets. I also have /usr/local on another partion which
> is pretty much empty. Can I tar off the contents of /var and
> /usr/local and put them on one of my bigger drives, then go back
> (using the rescue floppy) and combine my /var and /usr/local

Yes, but why a rescue floppy? copy the contents on other partitions,
modify /etc/fstab, reboot, modify your previous partitions, format them,
restore the contents, re-change the /etc/fstab, reboot, et voilà !

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 "All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory..."