Re: dselect vs apt

Urban Gabor wrote:

> Though it might be a lamer question, I would like to know the major
> differences between dselect and apt.

dselect is menu based, and apt is command-line based.
dselect is slightly confusing, and apt is pretty straightforward.

I think xdselect (if there's any such thing) would be a lot neater than
dselect.

>I do not upgrade my boxes via ftp, I
> allways (more or less :-)) ) wait till the new release is assembled in CD
> images. Why would I switch to apt?

I always do the installation using the Net, 'cause I don't have the CDs
yet...

Oki

--
Shells
   Command shells. Friendly user interfaces for beginners.

                       http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/