Re: [Fwd: Debian specific Partition problme]

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, David Wright wrote:

->> As you notice the number of cylinders are shown to be 8693, too large to
->> make lilo work.  Obviously I failed to make the machine boot linux, except
->> through a boot floppy. Otherwise there are no problems during running.
->
->Do take a look at the loadlin package if you want to stop using
->a boot floppy. It'll boot from, say, the ShutDown MSDOS prompt.
->
->Cheers,

Thanks, I was infact wondering about the peculiar geometry problem the
debian system has vis a viz suse and redhat.  I was told this could be due
to the older kernel. After compiling the new kernel I will try again.

Nagarjuna
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, Mumbai. INDIA