Re: Right List? First install.

> I believe that you remember incorrectly.  The NE2000 drivers (ISA and PCI) are
> not built into the installation kernel, but must be loaded as modules during
> the "Configure Device Driver Modules" step.

Opps!  It's been a while.  Thanks for catching that.

> Finally, a few cards that claim to be NE2000 compatible aren't really; I
> seem to recall encountering both "Lance" and "RTL8139" cards that claimed
> on the packaging to be NE2000-compatible; if all else fails, can you read
> the chip names off of any VLSI chips on your network card?  Unfortunately,
> they are sometimes covered with black texta or "Certified by Novell"
> stickers.

Yep.  Bought one of these cards.  NetSurf GFC2206, I think.  I peeled back the
Novell sticker to find a RTL8139 chip.  All this after bugging the "Tulip
Card" mailing list for a week.  Felt damn stupid after Donald Becker answered
several of my messages, only to find I was barking up the wrong tree.

Bryan