Re: /dev/console

Hi, thanks for the response.  I have those same lines in my syslog.conf...
that should work for an XConsole when I'm running X... but what about when
I'm not running X?  How could I get the normal console device to display
log messages?

Also, does anyone know why Debian uses a symlink to tty0 while other
distros use the real console device?  What are the
advantages/disadvantages?