Re: Debian SPARC

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> > Since this is a problem we need to address before release, can you be
> > specific to the problems you are having?
>
> This is a console log of a normal 2.2.13 boot of my IPX, kernel compiled
> on the IPX, console on ttya, before I wiped the drive (AM Nov 17) and
> reinstalled slink. Potato at that time was not letting me log in on
> console (PM Nov 16) saying something about a 'function not implimented' on
> /dev/ttyS0

Actually it says something about function not implemented on /dev/cua0,
see:
tty_io.c: process 1 (swapper) used obsolete /dev/cua0 - update software to use /dev/ttyS0
link /dev/console to /dev/ttyS0 and see if it helps.

And btw what is that message about
Power-On SelfTest FAILED ... Replace CPU Board
? :)
The depmod problem is known, it will soon be fixed.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@sztaki.hu           gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                   HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/