gnome-pager loses windows and freezes X

of late gnome-pager has been losing windows (sawmill still has them
when i M-TAB and it sometimes shows up in another gnome-pager that i
have minimized for "visible" windows, i don't know if this is a
sawmill problem or a gnome-pager problem), but nothing as bad as
tonight. Let me describe:

I'm reading netscape and I minimize it.  I have gnome-pager set to
display only minimized programs in the tasklist.  So gnome-pager
begins to display this when it freezes.  So I say, "no big deal, I'll
just remove the applet and restart it."  when i right-click the applet
it gives me the control menu and i click to remove it.

this is where everything goes south and the keyboard freezes.  The
mouse still moves, but neither my window manager (sawmill) nor the
gnome panels i have open respond.  since i have no access to another
computer (to ssh in and kill) i had to physically switch the computer
off and boot it again (i know, drastic, i even lost a 21 day uptime =(
...i know, i know, the price of unstable =p ).

after rebooting i found nothing foul in .xsession-errors and nothing
else seemed to be amiss either.

is this a problem with gnome-pager, gnome-core, sawmill, or some/all?

is there anyone having problems with gnome-pager?  any suggests?

i'm currently running an up-to-date potato with the recent gnome and
sawmil 0.15 (i know 0.16 is out, when's it gonna get packaged? *grin*)

thanks in advance,

herbert