Re: How to install pine on slink from source

*- On 17 Nov, aphro wrote about "Re: How to install pine on slink from source"
> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Daniel Mashao wrote:
>
> daniel >I once did it, but I forgot what I did. Searching the archives I could not
> daniel >find pine installation messages. Anyone remember? I just can't get used to
> daniel >mutt. It smells too much like vi and I find vi hard.
>
> i install it on every slink system i got i go to www.washington.edu/pine
> and grab the source and i believe i use the command ./build slx  or maybe
> its sl5 to build pine then copy the binaries over to the places where i
> want em

Wouldn't it be better to use the pine*-src and pine*-diff Debian
packages? I believe that these create the necessary patches to fit it in
a Debian system and then builds a local pine*.deb.  I haven't done this,
but this is what most of the *-src package that Debian distributes do.
That way it is all under Debian package managment.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you