Debian SPARC

Hello!

I have a Sun Ultra-10 with an UltraSPARC-IIi (300 MHz) processor
that is currently running Solaris 2.5.1.  It is my web, anonymous ftp
and email server.  Solaris 2.5.1 has Y2K issues and I was thinking about
upgrading to Debian since I'm more familiar with Linux than Solaris.
I know I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I want to do this, so
I'd like some opinions from those of you using Debian on an Ultra-SPARC
machine.

    * Is this a good idea?
    * What things might I be missing that were either in Solaris,
      or in Debian-i386?
    * Comments on Debian-Sparc?

Thanks

Chris