Re: debian-user-digest Digest V99 #1994

"unstable" in potato means it isn't a "final" release, meaning that
whatever goals for potato aren't met yet, which, as I seem to hear,
means that the boot floppies arent' what the Debian folks want them to
be yet. Officially, it's 'install at your own risk', but several folks
that I know are running it in production (my own co., the IWW, MSRI,
etc.)

Works just like a charm, though the install is more klunky than, say,
RH. But if you've done slink, potato will be really similar, just more
disks.

If you add a line for 'unstable' in your /etc/apt/sources.list i.e:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

then run apt-get update and apt-get install satan.

        Re: Encounter with Satan