Problem with X and SiS5598 chipset

                 I have the following config:
                 Debian Linux, 2.1 on Kernel 2.2.13, with
                 SiS-5598 Chipset video, and the VGA16 X-
                 Server.

                 When I run "startx" it brings up a nice
		 little x-session... in 300x200
                 resolution.

		 When I go to tty1 and view all the
		 output the server displays it
                 has a line that says

                 (--) SVGA: Vitrual resolution set to 320x204

                 I would like to run at 1024x768,
		 and I checked the XF86Config file, and
                 can't see anywhere that it says virtual
                 resolution or anything like that.