Re: How unstable is Potato?

John Gay wrote:

> So, My main question is, other than the boot floppies, is Potato fairly safe and
> stable for a relative newbie?

depends on what is "save and stable" for you. for example i had an
uptime on potato of more than two months, on a daily 8 hours usage at
work and an average of online updating/installing/deinstalling of
software each two days. that sounds pretty stable to me. some packages
occurred to be unstable after installing/updating them, but _that_is_
development within potato, not really unstable.

> My system doesn't have apt installed, but I should
> be able to use dselect to upgrade.

apt is a method you may involve manually (apt-get) or from dselect
(acess-method). imho it is available on slink-cd's too.

  gerhard