Re: UDP port 1025(Blackjack)

    Ethan> On 16/11/99 aphro wrote:
    >> During the process of closing non important ports on my new
    >> server i noticed it has port 1025(UDP) and the service is
    >> Blackjack according to nmap.  Anyone know what this is? i dont
    >> see anything in the dpkg list for blackjack and its not on my
    >> machine at home, and its not on my main server.

    Ethan> I have been having a bit of trouble getting rid of all
    Ethan> these open ports too, I have a unknown port tcp 779 and
    Ethan> unknown, and tcp 1024 open, and it seems that every few
    Ethan> times i run nmap i see a few extra weird ones open but then
    Ethan> are gone a minute later.

    Ethan> also have udp 777 unknown, udp 800 mdbs_daemon and, udp
    Ethan> 1024 unknown, and that 1025 blackjack too.

Try fuser, in the psmisc package.

I get:

# fuser -n tcp -v 1024

                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
1024/tcp             root        189 f....  wdm
                     root       1917 f....  wdm
                     root       1924 f....  xconsole

still, I am not sure why wdm or xconsole would be listening
on port 1024. I am also confused as to how three programs can
be listening on the one port:

[554] [dewey:bam] ~ >netstat --tcp -a | grep 1024
tcp        0      0 *:1024                  *:*                     LISTEN
This is a slink computer.