     To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
     Subject: How to block mail relaying in smail (bo distribution)?
     From: Wojciech Marek Zabolotny <wzab@ipebio15.ipe.pw.edu.pl>
     Date: Sun, 28 Jun 98 10:59:01 +0200

        Hi!

I would like to limit the possibility of mail relaying in one of my bo
boxes.
I would like to be able to use this box as a smart host for
my home machine (connected to Internet via dialup with dynamically
assigned IP :-(). The same possibility should be available for
other legal users. Therefore the machines authorized to use this box as
mail relay should use a kind of password authentication (something like
APOP in POP-3 protocol).
Mail originating from unauthorized machines should be rejected if not
addressed to one of local users.
How to do it? What methods of access control are available for mail
relaying?

                                TIA
                                Wojtek Zabolotny
                                wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl