Re: stopping x from starting automatically

Hello,
I am not a developer or expert on policy, but as far as I know the intent of xdm is to start
linux up X rather than on the terminal.  Now as debians default init level is 2, it seems
natural to me to make the appropriate links for xdm in that init level (otherwise it would
seem to the uninitiate that xdm was not working).

IMHO, if you dont want X to start up on boot, then why do you want to install xdm??  If it
is not installed, it doesnt make the links....

John.