Re: Gnome panel and Enlightenment

I have taken a giant leap of faith and gone back to using gnome-session.  In the
earlier days of gnome, this used to cause load of interesting effects to happen, but
now everything seems to work just fine.

Try the following in your .xsession file (and dump your .xinitrc file)

exec gnome-session

Thats it !!  This command will run the default window manager for you (so dont
include a line for enlightenment), as well as all the gnome stuff you want.  You will
have to run them the first time so they are included in the session though.  Gnome
session will also remember the state you leave your (gnome) applications in when you
log out, so they will be there when you come back (log back in).

Hope this helps,
John.