Re: Problems with PostScript fonts in tetex in debian slink

* Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> [310] [111] [211] [311] [411] [13]/usr/bin/makempx: Command failed: dvitomp
> mpxerr.dvi manfig.mpx
> DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for psyr
> DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmri8r
> DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmr8r
> DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmr8r

These are just warnings, as with dvips. Normal.

>>> manfig.mp
>>> manfig.mpx
> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.219 picture llab; llab = btex
>                                 \llap{$x={}$}0 etex;
> 19 output files written: manfig.0 .. manfig.411
> Transcript written on manfig.log.

This is most probably a different thing, unrelated to the checksum
stuff, but... Have you tried this code with the normal CM fonts, not
using Times? Times has not math fonts as CM has, so that might be
the problem (if you are really using Times=ptm* at this point).

I´d ask again in comp.text.tex to find the experts. Post the relevant
bits of your code, a prepared, small example would be best.

Cheers,
  Colin