Re: 14.4kbps PPP link?

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, aphro wrote:

> ..you might try different INIT strings too ..the one i use for my 56k
> modem is about 50 characters long :/ i programmed it into the ROM now tho
> so when i hit ATZ it uses that string.

could you share some info on init strings with me?
I'm trying to do simple things but w/o success. For example, I'd like to
set the ring to be silent as well as the modems conversation. Where should
I put such commands? I guess the commands are M0L0 but I'm not sure.

Any hints/suggestion/URL/HOWTO/etc is welcome.

Thanks,

Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br