Problems with PostScript fonts in tetex in debian slink

Hi All,

When I use the "pslatex" package in latex documents in debian-slink, I get
the following errors:

======================================
dvips: Checksum mismatch in ptmri8r
dvips: Checksum mismatch in ptmri8r
dvips: Checksum mismatch in psyr
======================================

I ignored them, because it didn't affect the resulting document.
However now I tried to use the "pslatex" with the MetaPost, and now these
errors cause the MetaPost to fail:

======================================
[310] [111] [211] [311] [411] [13]/usr/bin/makempx: Command failed: dvitomp
mpxerr.dvi manfig.mpx
DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for psyr
DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmri8r
DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmr8r
DVItoMP warning: Checksum mismatch for ptmr8r

>> manfig.mp
>> manfig.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.219 picture llab; llab = btex
                                \llap{$x={}$}0 etex;
19 output files written: manfig.0 .. manfig.411
Transcript written on manfig.log.

How to fix this problem, or how to force MetaPost to ignore it, like dvips
did?

--
				TIA
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny