Netscape problem with IMAP

Hi all,

I've using Netscape communicator 4.5-1 from stable for about 2 months
without problems. Suddenly messenger stop working.
It display several error window with topmost containing message
"Out of memory. Close some apps and retry" (Not exact words but this meaning.)
on startup (Browser still works OK).
I'm using IMAP mail protocol. When I try to change this to POP every thing works.

Can anybody suggest what I need to fix to be able to use IMAP again ?
(As far as I remember I haven't change anything in system when Messenger begin its crash)

Another solution may be using another mail user agent, but I need one
supporting multiple IMAP folders and national input/output (Russian).

(Just now I'm using BALSA, but it doesn't allow russian symbols (meta-characters ?))

TIA

Ale