Re: Encounter with Satan

Oki DZ wrote:
> I have visited Satan's site. I think it is a useful tool for testing
> (whether they are crackable or not) your systems' security. But when I
> visited www.debian.org, I didn't see any mention about it. There is a
> version for Linux, but all I can get is the tarball (after you have gotten
> used to apt-get, tarballs are supposedly something in the past).
>
> Isn't there any interest in "porting" Satan to Debian...? (Or, did I just
> miss something here?).

You meran like this?

joey@kite:~/debian/packages/debconf>dpkg --print-avail satan
Package: satan
Section: non-free/admin
Installed-Size: 699
Maintainer: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.1.1-10
Depends: perl5, www-browser, libc6 (>= 2.1)
Suggests: nis
Filename: dists/unstable/non-free/binary-i386/admin/satan_1.1.1-10.deb
Size: 214046
MD5sum: 381b4a5dda519e0b173df6a4a238fcdc
 This is a powerful tool for analyzing networks for vulnerabilities
 created for sysadmins that cannot keep a constant look at bugtraq,
 rootshell and the like.

--
see shy jo