Re: Encounter with Satan

On 16/11/99 Oki DZ wrote:

I have visited Satan's site. I think it is a useful tool for testing your
systems' security. But when I visited www.debian.org, I didn't see any
mention about it. There is a version for Linux, but all I can get is the
tarball (after you have gotten used to apt-get, tarballs are supposedly
something in the past).

Isn't there any interest in "porting" Satan to Debian...? (Or, did I just
miss something here?).

debian has nmap packaged (and its been installed every one of the 12 reinstalls ive done :) ) which iirc does everything satan does only better.

corrections welcome of course.

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/