Re: Core dumps & /proc/kcore

You have 128Mb of memory ;-)

It maps your memory to that virtual file.
It doen't take any space on your disk.

Regards

At 11:51 AM 11/13/99 -0600, David J. Kanter wrote:
I'm trying to free up some disk space so hunted for core dumps. All I could
find (find / -name "core" -xdev) was /proc/kcore, which is a whopping 131Mb.
Is this a monolithic core dump that can be deleted?

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University