Re: What do I REALLY need for Potato upgrade?

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:
> Unfortunately, upgrading to potato is mostly all or nothing.  Lots of changes
> have occured.

This is absolutely not true.  I've been upgrading incrementally, taking
very small steps, for what seems like forever (due mostly to my slow and
expensive net connection)...  There are a few `often-needed' packages
like glibc 2.1, but upgrading that was easy and uneventful.

Except for the `menu updating consumes all memory' problem of a while
back, I've never really had any problems doing things this way.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche