Re: apt-get kernel-update?

> > > I was wondering if there are any plans from the Debian folks to
> > > allow something like "apt-get kernel-update", which would
> > > automatically update the kernel.
> > Won't
> > apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.13
> > do it or am I missing something ?
>
> Will that automatically update my kernel?

It will not update it until you'll reboot, of course.
I do not remember the exact behavior, but it will do as much as possible, and
ask your approval for the crucial things.
As you know, there is a chance that a new kernel without any means to have the
old one might prevent you from booting, so some precautions have to be taken
when installing a new kernel.

In any case, it worked for me more then once. I am sure that for lots of other
Debian users as well.