Re: QT1G (>= 1.42-2) MISSING from potato!!!

El dom, 14 de nov de 1999, a las 05:28:44 +0200, Martin Fluch dijo:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Pollywog wrote:
>
> > There could be a problem with doing it that way, if you are a KDE user.
> > I use KDE, so I installed two versions of QT, from source.  That allows me to
> > use KDE and only use QT 2.x to build Licq, without affecting KDE.
>
> Also they seem to be installable simultaneous?

Yes, I already solved the problem by installing libqt2, and then I
installed libqt1g which I needed for qweb 1.3-3.1
Both conflict with qt1.

No matter the reason for dropping qt1g for libqt1g, it works nice but
leads to confusion as many packages in unstable still require it.

> (I must admit, that I don't use KDE. But why should this be a problem?)

I guess that some KDE versions around are still using qt1g, so he
wouldn't be able to install libqt2 without conflicts.

BTW, has anyone tried a gnome apt-get upgrade? :-)

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLII ad Urbe condita
mailto:homega@ciberia.es