Re: Recording audio...

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 04:11:05PM -0800, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:

> Is there any way to *record* the audio that's playing to /dev/dsp? You'd
> think it'd be as simple as cat /dev/dsp > myaudio, but no. Is there a
> program that will allow you to do this?

I think the package you're looking for is sound-recorder.

Actually, I want to be able to record /dev/dsp output and mp3 it
straight away - mp3ing from the radio - but I can't find a way to
do it. Can anyone help?
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                            alisdair@wasters.org
[funny how everything i swore i wouldn't change, is different now]