Canoscan FB 620P

Hi all,

I bought a Canon scanner, Canoscan FB 620P, and am wondering if it works with
Debian. The hardware is installed. I have sane, xsane with and without gimp
installed.  The scanner came with a cd with drivers for Win95-98 but obviously
won't do on my system.

I've checked the Canon site for Linux (Unix) drivers--no go.  I've searched
the Debian user archives--no go and on the sane site the Canon driver is
listed as "alpha."

A check of my files indicates I have some sort of entry for a canon driver but
when I try to "find scanner" or run "sane", or "xsane" I get the message: "No
sane devices installed".

MAKEDEV doesn't know how to make "scanner". No "scanner" under DEV.

Potato installed.  Debian only (no M$)

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric Wolven