Re: NIS

Ramin Motakef wrote:

> Hi!
> Don´t know if this is our problem, but after a recent ubgrade of a
> slink box the +::: entryies in /etc/passwd and /etc/group on this box
> where missing.
>
> I didnt notice this at first, as i was logged in as root, so i dont
> know which package caused this (base-passwd??).
>
> Anyway, editing /etc/passwd and /etc/group solved the problems with
> nis for me.

Thanks very much, that was the first thing I checked.  The plus entries are still there, on
the master and the client.

With the new NIS, do I have to put such entries in /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow too?  How
does this relate to the doc section "restricting access to the NIS server"?  Do I put those
in in the same way?  Didn't have to with the old NIS...

Zeen,

-Adam P.