Re: NIS

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> writes:

> Marcin Kurc wrote:
>
> > I was writing about earlier but everybody said thet NIS works fine :)
> >
> > It looks that nis 3.6 doesnt support shadow passwords.
> > I'm using 3.4-1 and it works fine.
>
> REALLY?  Can you say, release-critical bug?  The docs say nothing about this.  I don't
> see any reported bugs on this.
>
> How do I go to 3.4 on potato?
>
> Thanks for the info,
>
> -Adam P.

Hi!
Don´t know if this is our problem, but after a recent ubgrade of a
slink box the +::: entryies in /etc/passwd and /etc/group on this box
where missing.

I didnt notice this at first, as i was logged in as root, so i dont
know which package caused this (base-passwd??).

Anyway, editing /etc/passwd and /etc/group solved the problems with
nis for me.

HTH, Ramin