SOLVED - Re: IP Alias and Slink - ARGH!

Hi folks,

Thanks to those who responded promptly to my pathetic cries for help with an
IP aliasing problem. I have finally found the culprit.

The ipmasq package obviously sets up some ipchains rules that prevent any
connections to IP aliases. I'd installed the package (not sure why), and of
course it runs the ipmasq script in /etc/rcS.d, every time the system boots.
I'm not an ipchains expert, so I couldn't work out where these DENY rules
were coming from.

Anyway, I used update-rc.d to remove the links, rebooted (anyone know of a
way to clear all the ipchains rules without rebooting?), and now it all
seems to work (fingers crossed!).

Thanks again,

damon

--