Re: Applying kernel patch

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:56:11AM -0500, mheyes@lincolnfp.com wrote:

> I'm not sure how or where to find information about applying a kernel
> patch. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have the kernel
> sources, and the appropriate kernel patch deb, but do I apply the
> patch before configuring and recompiling the kernel, or after? Guess
> I'm not sure what the patch actually does.

Check out the Kernel HOWTO, that has a section on kernel patches, using
the patch program, and things to be aware of when using patches.

Also check out the debian-user archives on debian.org, there are quite a
few threads stored there relating to kernel patches.

--
[ Matthew Gregan ]      [ GPG ID: B63A1E95 ]      [ kinetik@ihug.co.nz ]
[ GPG fingerprint:  FB83 2911 F170 B31C 9E4A  E382 CA8A A2F6 B63A 1E95 ]