un-useful error from apt-get dist-upgrade

(this is off the unstable tree)

# apt-get -y dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  lesstifg libasound0
  alsa-base bootpc cfingerd finger fping icmpinfo lesstif1 libasound0.4
libssl09 lockfile-progs patch rdate rsh-client ruptime
  rusers rwall rwho rwhod tftp traceroute vflib2
The following packages have been kept back
  fvwm guile1.3 libmime-base64-perl mixviews netstd perl-tk
174 packages upgraded, 21 newly installed, 2 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
17 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/112MB of archives. After unpacking 15.9MB will be used.
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuraton

That is by far the most useless error I've ever gotten from apt-get.  I'm
having my doubts about this new curses based interface thing.

What do I do with this ?

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm