Re: @Home Cable Modem

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Jon Hughes wrote:

> I just recently got hookoed up with the AT&T @Home
> cable modem service.  It's great, finally able to play
> fast games and stuff :)  Unfortunatnly it's only setup
> with Windows 95 right now.  Has anyone had any
> experience with getting this to work with linux or can
> anyone give me some advice on what I can do?  Thanks

Don't know about your particular area, but at least in the Pittsburgh, PA
area they'll give you a fixed IP address if you ask for it. We got the
service there last month, and the installer guys even stayed around until
we got up and running. As far was we were concerned it was just a regular
ethernet connection, no dhcp or anything to worry about.

-- Ferret no baka