Re: apt-get

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 11:07:17PM +0200, Martin Fluch wrote:
> > My question is, when using apt-get to update the system, does it
> > download all the files to local disk, then attempt to install them (not
> > enough space on most home systems like mine) or does it work with one
> > file at a time?
>
> first it downloads all files to /var/cache/apt/archives and then installs
> from there. It doesn't remove the downloaded files automaticaly, therefore
> an apt-get clean is needed.

OK, so I guess I have to bite the bullet.  How is the general opinion on
potato at the moment?  Generally, I don't like going bleeding edge, but
if it is overall stable as it stands, then I might go for it.  I'm not
quite familiar with how Debian progresses in its development....

> - --
>           Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today

:)

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
Your education begins where what is called your education is over.