Re: Install from plip

Yep, that's how I did it.

I found the best way was to setup anonymous ftp on the desktop and point
apt at it on the portable (after the plip link has been setup of
course). Install the base system on the portable using floppies, plip
can be setup from there.

If your desktop has only one cdrom you may have some problems since I
don't think you can really use apt in a multi-cd kind of way. My desktop
has 2 cdroms (a read only and a writer) so I mounted both disks under
the ~ftp tree and used 2 apt entries in the sources.list on my laptop.
You might have to consider copying files from the cd to your desktop's
hard drive.

HTH
Matthew