Re: xxgdb: Cannot perform malloc

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:03:13 +0100
<J.H.M.> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 11:20:28 -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> Unfortunately I can't let you onto the machine in question
>> (behind a firewall).  Is there any data I could provide that
>> might be useful?

> I can't think of anything anymore short of compiling xxgdb from
> source and debugging it under gdb.

I'll try that...

> I would be interested to know why people still use xxgdb now that
> DDD is stable though; if there are good reasons (rather than old
> habits dying hard), it makes sense to try to look into the problem
> again; if there aren't, IMO xxgdb could be dropped in favour of
> DDD with the release of potato.

Familiarity.

>> BTW: The "\(Ray\)" in in your GECOS field screws up SuperCite as
>> a broken regex.  You might want to lose the backslashes.

> In my GECOS field it has no quotes or backslashes; I still haven't
> figured out what is adding them (probably my MTA).

The quotes are mine.  Your exact From: line appears as follows:

  From: "J.H.M. Dassen \(Ray\)" <jhm@cistron.nl>

Yes, I'd suspect your MTA.  For a possible quick solution I'd
suggest changing the parens to something else (single quotes?).

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder@kanga.nu