Re: recovering damaged bz2 file?

On 11 Nov 1999, Ron Farrer wrote:

rbf >I have a file that was tar'ed and bzip2'ed. It is about 200MB in size.
rbf >When I when to uncompress it with unbzip2 it claims it is damaged. I
rbf >played with the recovery program but I don't seem to get anywhere. It
rbf >appears only the first part of the file is damaged but the rest is ok.
rbf >The recovery program creates a lot of files and I don't know what to do
rbf >with them. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I don't think there is much hope, the files the recovery is creating i
believe is the individual blocks it recovered from the archive, if you
really know what your doing you can try to reconstruct it by hand.  its
way over my head tho and if i had the prob i would just rm it.

nate