Apting to a ZIP

I'm quite confused; I'd like to get some Potato files from a T1 onto a ZIP,
but the apt-zip package isn't much help. There isn't any documentation for
it, as far as I can tell.

And I've looked at the apt-offline.html docs but that too is a bit
confusing; I have no interest in using wget. I just want to FTP a bunch of
files from a mirror onto my ZIP and go.

So, what's the best way of getting the list of files apt-get dist-upgrade
needs?

Thanks.
--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Humans have an innate tendency to attribute significance to anomalies
and coincidences."
  -- John Allen Paulos, mathematics professor at Temple University