Re: debconf frontend error

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 11:50:24AM -0600, Charles Lewis wrote:
> Getting the following debconf frontend errors periodically:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Cannot init gtk at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/FrontEnd/Gtk.pm line 53
> debconf: failed to initialize Gtk frontend
> debconf: falling back to Dialog frontend

Do you have your "DISPLAY" environment variable set and libgtk-perl
installed?

-Kevin

P.S.  Joey's not kidding about it still needing some work--I was
getting segfaults just now with "dpkg-reconfigure debconf" after
going through all the Gtk prompts.  I'll file a bug-report if it
hasn't been done already.