RE: What do I REALLY need for Potato upgrade?

*- On 10 Nov, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote about "RE: What do I REALLY need for Potato upgrade?"

> On 10-Nov-99 David J. Kanter wrote:
>> I'm in the process of going from Slink to Potato, but I've got a modem. I'm
>> not going to download all the updated packages, but what should I get to get
>> a relatively solid Potato build?
>>

> Unfortunately, upgrading to potato is mostly all or nothing.  Lots of changes
> have occured.

I just did this last weekend.  You can use the -d option to apt-get so
that it will not start installing until you are done grabbing all the
necessary files.  Yes it is slow but the fact that Debian can upgrade
in place over a modem is reason enough to do it!

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you