Re: Wine

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Eric Hagglund wrote:

eahagg >I'm curious to know: is there yet a stable version of
eahagg >Wine that accesses all or most 32 bit Windows
eahagg >applications without stalling, thrashing, crashing or
eahagg >otherwise behaving badly? The closest I've gotten this

i do not believe such a beast exists ..if you want that functionality use
VMWare. i suggest testing multiple copies of wine you may end up using
different builds for different apps. oneof the recent builds either august
or sept, was real bad, the latest (1031) seems alright.

i wish i could get Total annihilation or unreal runnin in it though, wine
just pukes while chewing up all my memory (256M ram 256M swap)

nate