Where is my CD-ROM drive?

Hello all,

I have got a problem. Today I compiled a new kernel. Now I'm not able to get my CD drive to work anymore.
When I try to mount the device (/dev/scd0) the system says:
"mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0 as a block device (maybe 'insmod driver'?)"

In fact I compiled the SCSI controller (DAWI 2975U) and the CD-ROM driver as a module into the kernel. I have tried to compile it normally into the kernel as well. Without success.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Because I'm not on this list at the moment could you please reply to:
robert.kasunic@nikocity.de. Thanks in advance.

Robert