ppp

having some difficulty connecting to the university where I work and go to
school

aix.unm.edu 129.24.8.1

have  done
1)pppconfig
2)wvdial

probs
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1) pon runing.., plog says
connect 38400^M or two ^M depending on changes to etc/chatscripts
alarm
failed
pppd[some number] connect script failed
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2)
gets the modem operating fine
the standard university telnet blurb appears
ruffly
"type in telnet <hostname> please"
CDCN>
hmm ... writing ppp
STUFF like{{chars}][~"'
-->ppp negotiation detected
-->starting ppp <current date time>
cursur (can type any char at this point)

I was able to use telnet but the host that I know the university uses to
deal with its trafic ppp and ascci says I do not have permission...
I work at the dept that runs the system but there is littel official
suppport for linux still I know what the correct host IP is and I
do have an account.

LYNX say unable to connect to remote host

note had to make resolv.conf by hand even after 1)

have edited pap-secrets as I am suposed to use PAP

also edited etc/ppp/peers/provider
and the other provider as well sorry forgot where

the editing was done by using some information gatherd from a person who
had red hat connected to the university

If this is not enough information please point me to the right files

Peace Eric Drayer
erdx@unm.edu