debconf frontend error

Getting the following debconf frontend errors periodically:

Gtk-WARNING **: Cannot init gtk at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/FrontEnd/Gtk.pm line 53
debconf: failed to initialize Gtk frontend
debconf: falling back to Dialog frontend

This is a minor problem really, but it's annoying because I have looked
through all the docs & scripts for a place to configure this yet without
success. Can anyone relieve my ignorance?

Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
(817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952